- Registration for participation in the General Shareholders` Meeting
- Ordering of admission tickets for the General Shareholders` Meeting
- Postal vote
- Authorisation of the voting proxies provided by the Company
- According to article 16, para. 1, of the Articles of Association of Brenntag AG in conjunction with Section 123, para. 2 of the German Stock Corporation Act (Aktiengesetz - AktG), those shareholders who are
registered with the company`s share register and whose application for participation is received by the company or by another office named in the convocation by the end of June 6, 2019 (midnight CEST)
(time of receipt by the company) are entitled to participate in the General Shareholdersâ€™ Meeting and to exercise their voting rights. The number of shares (shareholding) registered in the share
register on the day of the General Shareholders` Meeting is decisive. However, we would point out that, for processing reasons, deregistrations or new registrations in the share register cannot be
performed in the last six days before the General Shareholders` Meeting or on the day of the General Shareholders` Meeting, i.e. in the period from June 7, 2019 up to and including June 13, 2019.
- Shareholders using the encrypted online service to register, order admission tickets, cast postal votes or appoint proxies and / or issue voting instructions must identify themselves
by entering their name and their shareholder number. If a particular shareholding is shown in the company`s share register as being jointly held, the names of all the joint shareholders must
be entered. The admission ticket(s) ordered will be issued for the full number of shares entered in the share register. A separate registration and admission ticket order, postal vote or
authorisation of a proxy is required for each shareholding or each shareholder number registered separately in the share register of Brenntag AG. Other possibilities of registration,
casting postal votes and authorising proxies mentioned in the invitation to the General Shareholders` Meeting shall remain unaffected
- If several persons are listed in the share register as joint shareholders, the consent of all shareholders listed in the share register is required for registration and a single representative
should register for the General Shareholdersâ€™ Meeting on behalf of them all. Shareholders who register via the online service confirm that they have obtained the consent of all joint shareholders
listed in the share register and are exercising the shareholders` rights as a representative of them all.
- If a shareholder registers more than once, the last valid registration to reach the company â€“ regardless of the communication channel used â€“ is deemed to have superseded all others.
- When casting a postal vote, you must vote on all items on the agenda for which a resolution shall be passed. It is technically not possible to not vote on an individual item on the agenda.
Therefore, please cast your vote(s) in the entry mask.
- The company has provided two voting proxies who are bound by the instructions of the shareholders authorising them on how they cast votes on behalf of said shareholders at the General
Shareholders` Meeting. Each is appointed individually as a proxy. The authorisation to be issued by the shareholders to the company`s voting proxies for this purpose expressly includes the right
to delegate this authority. It is not possible to only authorise voting proxies provided by the company without issuing explicit instructions on how you wish them to vote on the individual items on
the agenda. Therefore, please give the necessary instructions in the relevant entry mask.
- If the authorisation and instruction form is incomplete or incorrectly filled, the company`s voting proxies will in this respect not represent the voting rights for the relevant shareholder
number at the General Shareholders` Meeting of Brenntag AG. If the instructions given are not entirely clear or are contradictory, the company`s voting proxies will, in these cases, either
abstain or not vote, depending on the voting procedure.
- The company`s voting proxies cannot accept instructions to raise objections, propose motions or ask questions during the General Shareholders` Meeting.
- The company`s voting proxies will not participate in votes that were not announced in advance of the General Shareholdersâ€™ Meeting (such as procedural motions) with regard to which no
instructions could therefore be issued. In such cases, the companyâ€™s voting proxies will either abstain or not vote, depending on the voting procedure. The same applies to voting on a countermotion,
on a proposal for election which differs from the proposal put forward by the management as well as on the contents of a motion which differs from the proposal made by the management and published in
- Shareholders wishing to be represented at the General Shareholdersâ€™ Meeting by a bank, a shareholders` association or an equivalent person, must contact the bank, the shareholders` association or
the equivalent person directly â€“ prior to transferring the voting rights â€“ in order to establish whether the bank, the shareholders` association or the equivalent person will be represented at the
General Shareholdersâ€™ Meeting of Brenntag AG. The form of the proxy authorisation and of the voting instructions to be issued is a matter to be agreed directly with the bank, the shareholders`
association or the equivalent person. At the end of the registration form sent to shareholders by Brenntag AG, there is a separate proxy form for this purpose that can be sent directly to a bank,
shareholders` association or equivalent person if it agrees to this procedure. It is not possible to use the online service to authorise a bank, a shareholders` association or an equivalent person
to act as a proxy.
- The technical and organisational measures taken by Brenntag AG to guarantee the functionality of the Internet-based system for registering, ordering admission tickets, casting postal votes as well
as authorising and issuing instructions to proxies meet the latest standards. However, Brenntag AG makes no warranty for and accepts no responsibility for the functionality, local availability and
permanent maintenance of the telecommunications network and online service. Liability for slight negligence is excluded. If Brenntag AG becomes aware of unauthorised external influences on the online
service for registering, ordering admission tickets, casting postal votes and authorising and instructing proxies or on the data stored in order to provide the service that have been handled in
accordance with the Federal Data Protection Act, Brenntag AG reserves the right to suspend or prematurely terminate the system for registering, ordering admission tickets, casting postal votes and
authorising and instructing proxies via the online service without notice. In such cases, Brenntag AG will disregard registrations, admission ticket orders, postal votes as well as proxy
authorisations and voting instructions placed via the online service unless it is absolutely certain, following thorough investigation by Brenntag AG, that they have not been manipulated.
As far as possible, Brenntag AG will, in this case, inform the shareholders affected that their registration, admission ticket order, postal vote or proxy authorisation and voting instructions have
- Brenntag AG would like to point out that, although it is state-of-the-art, there may be fluctuations in the stability and availability of the online system. Brenntag AG therefore recommends
shareholders wishing to register for the General Shareholders` Meeting, order admission tickets, cast postal votes or authorise and issue instructions to voting proxies via the online service to do
so as soon as possible, so that if the service proves to be unavailable, they will still have time to register, order admission tickets, cast postal votes or authorise and issue instructions to voting
proxies by post or fax before the deadline.
- As required by the relevant data-protection regulations, data gathered by Brenntag AG in connection with registering for the General Shareholdersâ€™ Meeting, ordering admission tickets, casting
postal votes and / or authorising and issuing instructions to voting proxies will - unless otherwise expressly stated on these Internet pages or explicitly agreed otherwise by the shareholder - be
gathered, processed and used exclusively for the purpose of conducting the 2019 ordinary General Shareholdersâ€™ Meeting. If the voting proxies provided by Brenntag AG are granted authorisation via
the online service, all data related to the utilisation of this service will be stored by Brenntag AG for three years as prescribed by stock corporation law. The same applies to the casting of
postal votes via the online service.
- Registrations and admission ticket orders received by Brenntag AG after Thursday, June 6, 2019 (midnight CEST) can no longer be considered for stock corporation law reasons.